So, I've been reading a lot of other folks' blogs these days and well, I simply had to steal this super cute meme from my sister in law, Pam!
Readers, friends and anyone else who gives a damn I give you... my (wo)man
1. Who is your (wo) man? Stephanie
2. How long have you been together? We've been married for two years but have been together for a total of nine years.
3. How long did you date? We dated for seven years before we got married. :) We've had our issues but managed to iron them all out before we said "I do."
4. How old is your(wo) man? 26
5. Who eats more? I totally eat more than she does. I love food, couldn't live without it (except if I had a choice between food and yarn I'd pick yarn). She actually forgets to eat most of the time and if it wasn't for me constantly saying "Hey, babe...you want me to make you somethin' to EAT?" then she'd probably starve.
6. Who said “I love you” first? She did. She wrote me a letter informing me of the fact. It was pretty, had all sorts of scrawly handwriting on it and hearts and cute things like that and I ruined it by crying all over it.
7. Who is taller? She is. In fact, when I'm not wearing heels, I have to tilt my head back a little just to get a good look at her!
8. Who sings better? She does, totally. She's actually had over fourteen years of voice lessons and is both classically and jazz trained. She also sings a mean karaoke (ask Pam!!!).
9. Who is smarter? I always say she is, but she says I am, so basically it's a losing battle. I still say that she is though. :)
10. Whose temper is worse? Hmm...a little while ago I would have said hers, but lately her temper is next to nill so I'd have to say mine. Except I never really get aggravated with her any more...I just get aggravated with other people. She keeps insisting that I broke her "mad-o-meter" and I suspect that it's probably true. I can be aggravating at times.
11. Who does the laundry? We kind of do it together...but it's supposed to be my job. Most of the time I'm just too lazy to get away from my knitting long enough to do it so she ends up doing it. I'm a bad wifey!
12. Who takes out the garbage? She does. Ew.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I totally do. She's a lefty and therefore must sleep on the outside. Besides, who wants to sleep on the outside when she has to have an arctic blast fan constantly blowing in her face? Not me. I like my warmth thanks! Luckily, she produces body heat like a furnace so we make perfect bed mates!
14. Who pays the bills?She does. If I took care of it I'd spend all the bill money on yarn and say things like "Who needs a car anyway?" I'm so bad with money.
15. Who is better with the computer? She is. I'm lucky I can figure it out enough to check my e-mail. I'm what I like to call technologically impaired for the most part.
16. Who mows the lawn? It's her parents lawn (yep, I live with the in-laws), but she's been known to mow it a time or two.
17. Who cooks dinner? If I can actually manage to get the kitchen away from the MIL then I do. She burns water for cripes' sake.
18. Who drives when you are together? She does. I don't actually have my driver's license at the moment because I have no desire to learn how to drive.
19. Who pays when you go out? She does, because she says it's "ungentlemanly" to let me pay. Unless it's her birthday or somethin' like that. Then I start insistin' that I be the one to pay. Not that it matters. We have a joint account. :)
20. Who is most stubborn? Me, hands down. Even if I'm wrong I don't give up. I'm like a dog with it's favorite chew toy.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Most of the time it's me, because even if she's wrong she still manages to convince me she's not...the clever bugger.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Hers. We live with them, how can we not see them?
23. Who kissed who first? She kissed me...and surprised the hell out of me. It kind of freaked me out at first so I wouldn't talk to her for two weeks afterwards. Then she convinced me to come over her house and the trickster cornered me in her room and gave me another helluva good smooch. Yep. I'm a sucker for those kisses.
24. Who asked who out? She did. In my mom's basement. It was so cute.
25. Who proposed? She did. I was getting out of the bath tub and then there she was down on one knee holding a ring box in her hand. I blubbered the whole time. I cry a lot...
26. Who is more sensitive? Me. One time, I was washing dishes and she had the termerity to sniff one of the dishes I'd just washed (just to see if it still smelled like the tuna that had been in it for a week or so) and I flipped out. "I can't believe you SNIFFED that DISH!!!! FINE! Wash them all yourself...you're going to sniff my dish...hunh." It was the stupidest fight ever.
27. Who has more friends? Since most of our friends are married or couples, I'd say we each have pretty much the same amount of friends currently. Used to be she had more than me though. She's a social butterfly and I'm a homebody.
28. Who has more siblings? We have the same amount of siblings. She has two older brothers, and I have two younger brothers.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Please, she totally does! C'mon. Just look at her!
Honestly, I lucked out when I managed to snag her. She spoils me rotten, and loves to do it. Lets me buy all the yarn that we can afford (even if she fully realizes that for the most part, the kind of yarn I buy is pretty pricey), and absolutely adores the fact that I can be pretty high maintenance. Others have said that we are "perfectly matched" and I believe that to be the complete and utter truth. Further more she's the love of my life, and makes me smile and laugh like nobody else can...sometimes even when I don't want to!
Got someone special in your life? Because if you do, then consider this a tag thrown in your direction. I'm nosy, so I wanna know! :)
I love you baby! <3